About Belfast Zoo
Belfast Zoo is the top fee-paying visitor attraction in Northern Ireland, receiving more than 300,000 visitors a year..
Located in north Belfast, the zoo's 55 acre site is home to more than 1,000 animals and 150 species.
The majority of our animals are in danger in their natural habitat.
The zoo also carries out important conservation work and takes part in European and international breeding programmes which help to ensure the survival of many species under threat.
Your visitor experience
We are an energetic zoo which is passionate about education, learning and discovery.
Our aim is to educate visitors about our animals and nature in general and to provide you with a memorable experience.
We aim to:
- provide the best possible care for our animals
- organise campaigns and raise funds for endangered species and their natural habitats
- take part in European and international breeding programmes which help protect endangered species
- raise awareness of conservation and biodiversity
- deliver high-quality environmental education, training and research.