Friends of the zoo
Friends of the zoo was formed in 1997 by a group of community volunteers with a shared love for the zoo.
They have since raised more than £30,000 for the zoo through fundraising and maintenance projects.
Volunteering at the zoo is very rewarding - you could teach visitors about our animals or participate in fundraising activities which support animal conservation.
You could also take part in:
- animal craft workshops
- special zoo events such as Let's Go Batty
- fundraising projects
- committee meetings
- face painting
- the painting and repair of animal enclosures
- animal talks.
Members also receive:
- copies of the zoo's magazine, Zoo Crack
- membership of the Zoo Club for children aged between six and 12
- free entry to friends' events
- free subscription to the zoo e-newsletter.
Each month, from September to November and from January to June, the Zoo Clubs give children aged six to 17 the chance to meet some of the world's most endangered animals.
They teach children about conservation and shows them the best ways to protect wildlife at home and abroad.
Members also have the chance to meet our animals and zookeepers and find out interesting facts about our most endangered species.
For more information about Friends of the zoo, call us on 028 9077 6277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org