Our self-guided visits allow you to explore the zoo at your leisure and are not hosted by zoo staff. We will provide educational materials that you can use as inspiration during your visit.
Self-guided visits are available all year during normal zoo opening hours.
||Normal zoo opening times
||In the zoo
||£6.25 per student
£12 per additional teacher*
Price includes admission into Belfast Zoo. We are delighted to offer complimentary teacher access as follows *:
- Nursery - one teacher up to every six students
- Foundation - one teacher up to every ten students
- Key Stage One and Two - one teacher up to every 15 students
- Key Stage Three and Four - one teacher up to every 20 students
- Post - 16 - one teacher up to every 20 students
Health and safety
To help keep everyone safe during visits, we’ve carried out a risk assessment which explains any potential hazards.
Self-guided learning risk assessment (Word - 71KB)
For more information, call us on 028 9077 6277 (extensions 204 or 228).