Our Explorer’s Club is a week-long summer programme for children aged 7 – 11. Combining classroom learning, hands-on activities and behind-the-scenes access in the zoo, this is a ZOOPER way for kids to learn about conservation and wildlife in a fun and interactive setting.
*Belfast Zoo’s summer Explorers’ Club is currently on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic.*
To book a place on the Explorers' Club, please call 028 9077 6277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Note: Explorers' Club places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Advanced booking is essential and payment is required in advance. Activities are subject to change.
Terms and conditions
• The Explorers’ Club must be booked in advance.
• All bookings must be made at least 7 days in advance.
• Full payment is required to secure your booking.
• Vouchers, special offers or discounts cannot be redeemed in association with the zoo Explorers’ Club.
• You must have your child at the zoo in advance of the advertised start time. The zoo Explorers’ Club will begin promptly.
• You must display your receipt on arrival at Belfast Zoo.
• Your booking is non-transferable and non-refundable.
• Your booking only applies to the week selected and cannot be transferred to other dates.
• Once purchased, the zoo Explorers’ Club cannot be exchanged for an alternative option and cannot be re-sold.
• Due to unforeseen operational and animal care circumstances, Belfast Zoo cannot guarantee that all animals, exhibits and activities will be available on the dates selected.
• Belfast Zoo reserves the right to alter or cancel the schedule and planned activities on any given day with no prior notice.
• Belfast Zoo will not cover any travel, accommodation or associated costs if the scheduled date is cancelled for an unforeseen reason.
• For animal care and husbandry reasons, all participants will be required to use disinfectant handwash throughout the zoo Explorers’ Club.
• Participants must abide by staff instructions, safety rules and health and safety guidelines at all times while in the zoo.
• Children cannot enter areas that staff identify as out of bounds or cross any safety barriers during the time at the zoo.
• Children will be supervised at all times.
• Children must be able to go to the toilet by themselves and ask when they need to go. Staff will not assist the child in the toilet.
• Our explorer’s code of behaviour applies at all times during the club and while on the zoo site: