Belfast Zoo are pleased to take part in the Northern Ireland Science Festival and offer a unique learning experience for people aged 15+ focusing on elephants and extinction. Belfast Zoo will be running extinction in focus workshops on the 15 February and 22 February between 9.15am and 2.15pm for £25 per ticket. Included with the price will be a unique learning workshop, goodie bag and a certificate.
The extinction in focus workshops this year will be focused on elephants. During the workshops participants will have the opportunity to meet the zoo educators, curators and veterinary staff through a combination of classroom learning, hands on experience and behind the scenes activity. For more information you can contact our education team on: 028 9077 6277 extension 204 and 228.
Terms and Conditions
- The zoo extinction in focus workshop must be booked in advance.
- All bookings must be made at least 7 days in advance.
- Full payment is required to secure your booking.
- Participants should wear suitable, weather-proof clothing and flat, comfortable shoes.
- Vouchers, special offers or discounts cannot be redeemed in association with the zoo extinction in focus workshops.
- You must have your child at the zoo in advance of the advertised start time. The zoo extinction in focus workshop will begin promptly.
- You must display your receipt on arrival at Belfast Zoo.
- Your booking is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Your booking only applies to the week selected and cannot be transferred to other dates.
- Once purchased, the zoo extinction in focus ticket cannot be exchanged for an alternative option and cannot be re-sold.
- Due to unforeseen operational and animal care circumstances, Belfast Zoo cannot guarantee that all animals, exhibits and activities will be available on the dates selected.
• Belfast Zoo reserves the right to alter or cancel the schedule and planned activities on any given day with no prior notice.
- Belfast Zoo will not cover any travel, accommodation or associated costs if the scheduled date is cancelled for an unforeseen reason.
- For animal care and husbandry reasons, all participants will be required to use disinfectant handwash throughout the zoo extinction in focus workshops.
- Participants must abide by staff instructions, safety rules and health and safety guidelines at all times while in the zoo.
- Children cannot enter areas that staff identify as out of bounds or cross any safety barriers during the time at the zoo.
- Children will be supervised at all times.
- Children must be able to go to the toilet by themselves and ask when they need to go. Staff will not assist the child in the toilet.
- Our visitors code of behaviour applies at all times while on the zoo site:
- Belfast Zoo reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the area or the zoo, should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner. In this instance, parents will be contacted. A refund will not be issued.
- If you are running late or unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances on the day, please call us on 028 9077 6277. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance.
- Belfast Zoo accepts no liability for any person or body for any loss, injury or property damage from any action or cause whatsoever undertaken at the site.
- It is your responsibility to inform us if your child has any medical conditions that you, or your doctor, feel we should be aware of in order to ensure their and the other participants’ safety.
- We must be informed of relevant allergies.
- To make the experience as enjoyable and suitable as possible, please provide information on any disabilities.
- In a circumstance of extreme weather or unforeseen circumstances, where the zoo is forced to close and the zoo Explorers’ Club cancelled, you will be contacted with as much notice as possible.
- If you are made you aware of restrictions, e.g. no nuts permitted in packed lunches, you must abide by these rules.
- If any issue should arise that would cause you to complain, this should be addressed to the leaders directly or if you are not satisfied, email firstname.lastname@example.org.