Ever fancied feeding a penguin, having lunch with a lemur or getting up close to a herd of giraffes?
Our animal experiences will give you the chance to get closer than ever before to wildlife. You can choose from a ring-tailed lemur, giraffe or penguin experience.
Walk on the wild side and make your day even more memorable with this once in a lifetime experience!
You must book your experience
You must agree to our terms and conditions before taking part in our animal experience.
Find out how others got on on their animal experience.
How to book
|Our animal experiences cost £65 per person.
Penguin experiences are not available in July and August as this is when our chicks start to hatch and we want to give the parents time to bond.
|Book an animal experience online
- Fill out our online booking form.
- A member of our team will get back to you to take payment and to confirm availability of your date.
- If you are unable to complete the booking form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 028 9077 6277.
Full payment is required to secure your experience. You must book your experience.
For more information, call zoo crew on 028 9077 6277 (extension 203).
To leave a review you can email email@example.com, or post your pictures on our social media channels.
Terms and conditions
- All Belfast Zoo animal experiences must be pre-booked.
- All bookings must be made at least 14 days in advanced.
- Full payment is required to secure your booking.
- Vouchers or special offers cannot be redeemed in association with animal experiences.
- All animal experiences include entry to Belfast Zoo. Check our website for up to date opening times to make sure you get the most out of your visit.
- You must be at the zoo at least 30 minutes before your booked session. If you are late, you will not be able to take part in the experience (for health and safety and operational reasons), no refund will be offered, and no discussions entered into.
- Make yourself known to a member of our team on arrival at the zoo. A member of zoo crew will guide you to the animal area to meet the keeper.
- You must display your ticket to gain access to the animal experience.
- Your ticket is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Your ticket can only be used on the date selected. We are not able to change the date.
- Once purchased, an experience cannot be exchanged for an alternative and cannot be re-sold.
- Due to unforeseen operational and animal care circumstances, Belfast Zoo cannot guarantee that all animals and exhibits will be available on the date selected. Belfast Zoo reserves the right to alter or cancel the experience on any given day. Belfast Zoo will give as much notice as possible. However, this cannot always be guaranteed. Belfast Zoo cannot cover travel, accommodation or any other associated costs if the scheduled date is cancelled.
- You must wear suitable clothing and footwear. This includes trousers (not shorts, skirts or dresses) and appropriate closed-toe footwear. Clothing should be in neutral colours and not bright as this can startle the animals.
- For animal care and husbandry reasons, all participants must use disinfectant hand wash before entering and upon leaving the animal area.
- You must abide by staff instructions and safety rules at all times.
- You must not enter areas that staff identify as out of bounds or cross any safety barriers during your experience.
- You will be supervised by a member of zoo staff at all times.
- Due to animal behavioural issues, experiences may vary.
- If you are running late or unable to make the experience due to unforeseen circumstances on the day, please call us on 028 9077 6277. If you have any queries prior to your experience, just let us know.
- If for any unforeseen circumstance your member of staff is late, please be patient. They will be with you as soon as possible and will ensure that you have the full 30 minute experience.
- Belfast Zoo accepts no liability for any person or body for any loss, injury or property damage from any action or cause whatsoever undertaken at the site.
- Our visitor code of conduct applies at all times during the animal experience and while on the zoo site.
- Belfast Zoo reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the experience or the zoo, should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner.
- It is your responsibility to inform us if you have any medical condition that you, or your doctor feel we should be aware of in order to ensure your safety. Please inform us if you have any allergies (e.g. dust or fur).
- Please inform us of any disabilities to ensure us to try to adapt our encounters to suit.
- You must not take part in an animal experience if you have convictions relating to animals.
- You will be supervised at all times during the animal experience.
- All children must be accompanied by adults. Normal admission fees will apply to these persons.
- During the animal experience, the supervising adult must be present at all times to view their experience from the normal visitors viewing area. However, this adult will not participate in the animal area.
- Not all animals will take part in the experience. They have the freedom to choose to participate or not.
- Food and drink is not permitted in the experience area.
- Multiple people can take part in an animal experience. You may, therefore, share your experience with other people.
- While every effort is made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, this may not always be reasonably possible. Please contact Belfast Zoo for advice before purchasing.