Meet the giraffes
Our giraffe experience gives you the chance to get up close to the tallest land animals in the world, our herd of Rothschild’s giraffes. Feed the herd some ‘leafy greens’ and quiz the keepers who care for these extraordinary animals.
Read more about this animal before your experience.
|| This will last approximately 30 minutes and includes:
| free admission to the zoo for the participant
| behind the scenes access to the giraffe feeding area
| the chance to feed our herd of Rothschild’s giraffes
| the chance to meet our giraffe keepers and learn more about these popular animals
| an experience certificate, giraffe fact sheet and giraffe photograph.
The experience is available for adults and children eight years old or older. Children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a spectating parent or guardian*.
Each giraffe feeding experience may have a total of 10 to 15 participants taking part in the same experience.
* Spectating parents and guardians must pay normal zoo admission on the day of the experience and can watch from the normal visitor viewing areas. They can take photographs from this area.
When does the giraffe experience take place?
- Every Saturday and Sunday
Visitors must be onsite by 9am and they must be at the agreed meeting point at 9.15am.
How to book
|Our giraffe experience costs £65 per person.
- Download your application form
- Complete all of the necessary details including your three selected dates.
- Email the form back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A member of our team will get back to you to take payment and to confirm availability of your date.
- If you do not have access to a printer or scanner or are unable to download the booking form, call us on 028 9077 6277 to complete your booking over the phone.
You must book your experience. For more information, call zoo crew on 028 9077 6277 (extension 203).
Find out how others got on on their animal experience.