Meet the penguins
Are you potty about penguins? Our penguin experience gives you the chance to get up close and personal with our colony of gentoo and rockhopper penguins, feed them a ‘fish supper’ and quiz the keepers who care for these popular aquatic birds.
| Your experience
|| This will last approximately 30 minutes and includes:
| admission to the zoo for the participant
| behind the scenes access to the penguin area
| the chance to feed our colony of penguins
| the chance to meet our penguin keeper and learn more about these popular birds
| an experience certificate, fact sheet and penguin photograph.
The experience is available for adults and children over the age of 10 years old. Children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a spectating parent or guardian*.
There may be one other participant taking part in the same experience.
* Spectating parents and guardians must pay normal zoo admission on the day of the experience and can watch from the normal visitor viewing areas.
When does our penguin experience take place?
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Visitors must be onsite by 1.45pm and they must be at the agreed meeting point at 2pm.
How to book
|Our penguin experience costs £70 per person.
Penguin experiences are not available in July and August as this is when our chicks start to hatch and we want to give the parents time to bond. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Penguin experiences are currently fully booked for all weekends until September 2019. Mid-week dates are still available.
|Book an animal experience online
- Fill out our online booking form.
- A member of our team will get back to you to take payment and to confirm availability of your date.
- If you are unable to complete the booking form, email email@example.com or call us on 028 9077 6277.
You must book your experience. For more information, call zoo crew on 028 9077 6277 (extension 203).
Find out how others got on on their animal experience.
Find out more about accessibility at our zoo.