Junior keeper experiences are unavailable as we adhere to coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines.
Do your little ones fancy walking in the boots of a zoo keeper?
Our junior keeper for a day experience gives the next generation of zoo keepers the chance to get up close and personal with some of their favourite animals, while getting an insight into the day-to-day life of caring for some of the world’s most endangered species.
How to book
|Our junior keeper for a day package costs £125 per person.
|Book a junior keeper for a day experience online
- Fill out our online booking form.
- A member of our team will get back to you to take payment and to confirm availability of your date.
- Full payment is required to secure your experience.
It will take a maximum of seven working days for management to review your form and your medical information.
For more information, call us on 028 9077 6277 (extension 203)
What is included?
- Your experience will include:
- Free entry to Belfast Zoo
- Free entry for an accompanying adult
- a ‘zooper’ schedule of behind the scenes fun including animal encounters, feeding times, enrichment and much more
- friendly and experienced zoo keepers
- a voucher for your ‘feeding time’ in the Lion’s Den Restaurant
- a voucher for the photography station
- an exclusive junior keeper for a day goodie bag
- a junior keeper for a day certificate
Download our schedule to find out what you'll get up to during your experience.
Who can take part?
- You must be aged between 8 and 16 to take part in our junior keeper for a day experiences. You will be required to present valid documentation with proof of age.
- We cannot accept participants who have relevant phobias or allergies.
- We cannot accept participants who suffer from fits, have auto-immune conditions or any other relevant medical conditions. If you have a medical condition or disability which you would like to discuss, call our team. There may be alternative options available for you.
Download the junior keeper for a day terms and conditions.
When is keeper for a day available?
The junior keeper for a day experience is available every day (dependent on availability). You must book your experience in advance.
Junior keeper for a day experience
||Every day (except Tuesday)
10.30am to 2.45pm
Only one participant per experience (and accompanying adult who will not take part in activity)
||8 to 16
Allergies, medical conditions, reasonable level of fitness.
No one who suffers from fits, no auto-immune conditions, no animal convictions, etc.
|Your booking can only be processed once you have submitted a completed form which has been reviewed and approved by zoo management. Dates will not be held during this process.
If your loved one is a real animal lover, upgrade them to a Junior Keeper gift pack. For just £165 per person they will get a junior keeper experience, a child membership and a cub adoption.
Be a keeper for our elephants.