Date: 21 Feb 2018 - 23 Feb 2018
Time: Starts at 10.15am and 12.15pm
Calling all teachers!
Think of the zoo and you usually think of lions and tigers and bears (oh my)! It’s easy to think that endangered animals and the threats they face are a world away from our day to day lives.
The reality is that the problem is right here on our doorstop as some of our own species are facing the very real threat of extinction and they need your help!
Book your session today and turn your class into ‘zooper wildlife champions’!
The sessions are suitable for key stage 2 and key stage 3 classes. Learn how the zoo is not just protecting exotic species and find out more about the work we are doing for local biodiversity.
- meet Twilight the barn owl
- get to know Harry the rescued hedgehog
- scurry over to red squirrel nook to find out more about Northern Ireland’s first and only captive breeding programme for this iconic and bushy-tailed creature and
- make a beeline for the Buzz Stop to visit our hive of 20,000 Irish black honeybees.
These interactive education sessions will give your class a simple guide and some practical experience of what they can do in their own garden or at school to help protect native species. By the end of our sessions, your class will graduate with all of the skills necessary to play an active role in conservation and to become ambassadors and a voice for wildlife.
Each session lasts 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Sessions are available at 10.15am and 12.15pm.
£23.00 for the session (3 adults go free)
£5.75 per child
£11.50 per additional adult
How to book
- Download the booking form
- Complete all of the necessary details
- Email the form back to email@example.com
- A member of our education team will get back to you to take payment and confirm your booking.
For more information call us on 028 9077 6277 extension 204.
Download our booking form
Download our zooper wildlife champions booking form.