Date: 01 Jun 2019 - 02 Jun 2019
Swing by with your little monkeys to celebrate your local zoo and have a ZOOPER day out with fun for all the family!
- Visit some of the world’s most endangered species.
- Waddle on over to visit the penguins and all of your other favourites at our daily feeding times.
- Pose for a photo with Brian the lion, Emer the lemur, Gary the gorilla or Spook the bear!
- Learn more about the work we do and the animals we care for at the daily keeper talks.
- Adventurers can jump on board to cross crocodile creek, tunnel through meerkat mound or slither to snake island at the zoo’s plat area, the Adventurers’ Learning Centre.
- Release your inner animal and become your favourite animal at the face painting station.
- Perform at our Scrap percussion workshop.
- Take home your very own ‘zoovenir’ snap from the photography base camp.
The love your zoo campaign is promoted by the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA).
Find out more about the work that we do
8 reasons to love YOUR zoo!
- Leisure: Nearly 30 million people visit BIAZA’s member zoos and aquariums every year – they offer a great day out for everyone.
- Education: More than 1 million people visit each year on an organised educational visit – they offer a safe and fun way to learn about animals.
- Research: BIAZA members support more than 1,400 research projects every year, many of these measuring behaviour with the aim of improving animal welfare – your visit helps us learn about helping wildlife.
- Conservation: BIAZA members support more than 800 conservation projects every year.
- Funding: BIAZA members contribute more than £24 million a year to field conservation projects.
- Economy: BIAZA members contribute over £650 million to the national economy.
- Safeguarding wildlife: By visiting BIAZA zoos and aquariums you are helping to safeguard the future of vulnerable, threatened and endangered species.
- Engaging with wildlife: You can see more than 2,000 different species of animals.
For more information, call us on 028 9077 6277 or email email@example.com.
We will be offering free walking tours* on Sunday 02 June. There will be two sessions per day each lasting approx 1hr 30mins. These will take place at 10.30am and 1.30pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
*Places will be given on a first come, first serve basis.