Date: 03 Mar 2021
With Easter Sunday just over a month away, we would like you to set aside your cardboard egg cartons as we have a cracking competition coming your way!
We would love to see creative versions of our animal residents made from cardboard egg cartons. We want you to recreate your favourite animal using recycled materials and bits and bobs found in your home. No form of decoration is off limits, with pen, paint, glitter and paper all possible options to get creative. The only rule is you must use an egg carton as part of your creation.
We have some egg-cellent prizes up for grabs! First place for each category will win a Belfast Zoo family membership pass and a goodie bag. Runners up will also receive a goodie bag as well as individual membership. Members get a whole year of free entry and other great benefits which you can read about on our membership page.
How to enter
- Create your egg carton animal using any paint and materials in your home. Try and be unique, fun and clever with your design to make your entry stand out.
- Once you have completed your egg carton design, take a photo and submit it into the competition by messaging us on our Facebook or by email to email@example.com by 1 April at 4pm.
- Make sure to tell us your age, name and address when you send us your photo.
- A selection of submissions will be shared on our social media channels on Saturday 3 April.
The winner will be announced on our social media channels on Sunday 4 April.
Terms and conditions – Easter recycling competition
- By submitting your entry, you are confirming parental consent for anyone aged 16 and under.
- The promoter is Belfast City Council of City Hall Belfast BT1 5GS.Entries must be made by private message to Belfast Zoo through the Belfast Zoo Facebook page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The competition will open on 3 March and submissions will close on 1 April at 4pm.]Entries are to include one photo, the entrant’s name, age, address and email address.
- Belfast Zoo staff will share a selection of entries on the zoo’s social media pages on Saturday 3 April with the winners being announced on Sunday 4 April.
- Entries will be divided into two categories: aged under 11 and aged 11 to 16 years old. Categories will be judged by zoo’s marketing and commercial team.
- The winners will be notified no later than 6pm on Sunday 4 April.
- The prize cannot be redeemed for any cash alternative. You must reside in Northern Ireland or Ireland to enter this competition. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Belfast City Council cannot take responsibility for entries that are lost or delayed.
- Employees of Belfast City Council are not eligible to enter.
- Belfast City Council reserves the right to publicise the competition winner, including name and age, and submitted photographs.
- Belfast City Council reserves the right to use the submitted photographs in future communications including but not limited to social media, website and printed publicity materials.
- The winner of the goodie bag must provide a postal address in order to receive their prize or they can arrange to collect the prize from the zoo when the zoo reopens to the public.
- Belfast City Council’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, individuals agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. This competition is governed by the law of Northern Ireland.
Belfast City Council is the Data Controller under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the personal data it gathers for the purposes of administering Belfast Zoo bookings, initiatives, competitions and activities. The council accepts that you are providing your personal data on the basis of consent and agree for council to hold and further use it. The personal data may be shared internally with zoo staff and within the council with staff who are involved in delivering the services associated with your booking, initiative, competition or activity.
Your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to any other organisation without your consent, unless the law permits or places an obligation on the council to do so. The personal data is held and stored by the council in a safe and secure manner and in compliance with Data Protection legislation and will be disposed of in a secure manner when no longer required.
If you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data, or wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of it, please contact email@example.com.
If you wish to contact the council’s Data Protection Officer, please write to Belfast City Council, City Hall Belfast, BT1 5GS or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org