Zoo-mobile will be available for visitors most weekends. Please call the zoo before your visit to check availability.
Hop on board our zoo-mobile for a 'zooper' day out!
The zoo-mobile is an accessible buggy that can carry one wheelchair user and three non-wheelchair users or five non-wheelchair users.
The inclusive tour includes a guided tour of Belfast Zoo from the comfort of the vehicle.
The tour lasts for approximately one and a half hours and costs £22.50 (per tour). Up to five visitors can be accommodated in one tour.
The hilltop drop-off provides transport from the zoo’s visitor centre to the top of the zoo.
This journey lasts approximately five minutes and costs £2 per adult or £1 per concession.
The zoo-mobile hilltop drop-off service is subject to availability and payable on the day or in advance via phone; call 028 9077 6277 to speak to our front of house team and book the drop of service for your next visit. Full payment is required to secure your zoo-mobile service. If you require any further information or wish to check availability please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 028 9077 6277.
For more information about the zoo-mobile call 028 9077 6277 or email email@example.com
Find out more about accessibility at our zoo.
Buy your zoo tickets online.
Terms and conditions
- The maximum capacity on the zoo‐mobile is one wheelchair user plus three non wheelchair users and driver OR five non‐wheelchair users and driver.
- Maximum weight limit is 700kg.
- Wheelchair‐accessible platform measures 40 inches wide. Wheelchairs larger than 40 inches wide cannot be accommodated.
- Storage for buggies, luggage etc. is available on the vehicle but will be limited in the event of the vehicle’s full capacity.
- The inclusive tour lasts approximately 1.5 hours. The tour will follow a pre‐determined route around the zoo site, commencing from the visitor centre. At the end of the tour visitors will be dropped off at their chosen location on the zoo site.
- The inclusive tour will commence strictly at 10.00am. Belfast Zoo reserves the right to retain the booking fee in the event that patrons do not arrive at the time of commencement.
- A map detailing the inclusive tour route is available. However, Belfast Zoo reserves the right to alter the route at any time due to unforeseen circumstances and in the interests of customer health and safety.
- The hilltop drop‐off is one way only, from visitor centre to the top of the zoo (locations 36 and 37 on map).
- Visitors should arrive promptly for the start of their booking.
- The booking may be shortened or cancelled in the event of the visitor arriving late for the booking. (This may also result in the visitor’s booking fee being retained by Belfast Zoo).
- The hirer agrees to vacate the vehicle immediately at the end of the hire period and that all persons and property, including littler, will be removed.
- The vehicle cannot access all areas of the zoo and will, in as far as possible, follow the predetermined route around the Belfast Zoo site. Some animal exhibits may not be clearly viewed from inside the vehicle.
- Due to unforeseen operational and animal care circumstances, Belfast Zoo cannot guarantee that all animals and exhibits will be available on the date selected.
Health and safety:
- All visitors must wear their seatbelts at all times when inside the vehicle.
- All visitors must strictly follow the instructions of zoo staff at all times.
- Visitors may only enter and exit the vehicle when instructed to do so by zoo staff.
- Children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The hirer will ensure that all supervising adults maintain adequate standards of health and safety throughout the booking.
- The users agree that their visit will be conducted in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with all relevant health and safety regulations and requirements and will adhere to all instructions given by zoo Staff.
- Visitors must not enter areas which are identified as out of bounds or cross any safety barriers.
- Smoking inside the vehicle is prohibited.
- Visitors should not interfere with any part of the premises, vehicle or equipment.
- Zoo staff will undertake a vehicle check on the day of each hire, follow only the designated routes and follow all speed restrictions.
- Belfast Zoo shall not be liable for any loss or injury howsoever occurring as a result of the negligence of other patrons to Belfast Zoo.
All visitors must wear their seatbelts at all times when inside the vehicle.
Booking and payment:
- The zoo‐mobile service is currently available for advance booking only.
- The inclusive tour costs £22.50 per booking.
- The hilltop drop‐off costs £2 per adult and £1 per child/concession.
- Carers receive free admission for hilltop drop‐off when assisting a visitor with a disability. To gain free carer’s admission the carer must provide proof in the form of documentation to show that you are in receipt of carer’s allowance, a doctor’s letter or other relevant paperwork. Alternatively, the visitor who requires a carer can provide evidence of their disability.
- Zoo‐mobile prices do not include entry to Belfast Zoo. Standard zoo admission prices apply.
- Prices are non‐negotiable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Belfast Zoo reserves the right to charge additional fees for any extended use of the zoo‐mobile outside of the agreed booking period.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking, which must be a minimum of 14 days before the date of the visit.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, credit card or invoice.
- The hirer should make themselves known to a member of staff on arrival.
- The hirer must display their receipt on the day of the visit as proof of payment. Failure to produce an official receipt may result in the booking being cancelled and the booking fee may be retained by Belfast Zoo.
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed in association with zoo‐mobile bookings.
- The hirer must inform Belfast Zoo, in advance, of all disabilities and relevant medical requirements. Every effort is made to accommodate visitors with a disability or medical condition, however this may not always be reasonably possible. Please contact Belfast Zoo for advice before purchasing.
- The zoo‐mobile may not be available on bank holiday weekends, special event dates and other key dates.
Cancellations and refunds:
- Bookings are non‐refundable and non‐transferable.
- Belfast Zoo reserves the right to alter or cancel the booking on any given day, and will give as much notice as possible in the event of alteration of cancellation.
- In the event of cancellation, by Belfast Zoo, an alternative date or refund will be offered.
- Belfast Zoo cannot cover travel, accommodation or any other associated costs in the event of alteration or cancellation.
- Belfast Zoo reserves the right to close or prohibit use of its facilities at its discretion, for example on health and safety grounds or on breach of terms and conditions.
- Belfast Zoo is an outdoor attraction. Guests should bring suitable shoes and clothing for walking, wet weather and sun protection.
- Belfast Zoo reserves the right to refuse admission to the site or facilities.
- Belfast Zoo accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage of property or belongings of visitors.
- Belfast Zoo does not provide storage facilities for visitors.
- If a child becomes lost on‐site please contact Belfast Zoo staff immediately or phone 028 9077 6277. Staff will implement the lost child procedure.
- The hirer agrees to pay any costs of repair or making good any loss or damage that arises from the booking.
- Any invoice submitted by Belfast City Council for the costs of repairing damages shall be payable within 30 days.
- Belfast Zoo visitor code of conduct protects animals and the safety of visitors. This can be found online here.