We have a zoo code of conduct which has been updated to reflect our newly implemented health and safety precautions during coronavirus (COVID-19). This is to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff as well as our animals.
If you’re planning a visit to the zoo, you must:
- follow the designated one way system which is clearly marked out with yellow arrows on the ground. A temporary map illustrating the route is also available to all visitors.
- practise social distancing at all times. Visitors are required to keep two metres apart.
- wash or sanitise your hands before, during and after your visit.
- avoid touching surfaces where possible.
- ensure that all litter is disposed of at the designated litter stations.
- not feed the animals as some are at risk of coronavirus.
- respect the animals by not banging on the glass of their enclosures.
- be careful when walking around as some of our hills are very steep.
- you can use a selfie stick around the zoo site in visitor areas. However, many of our animals are frightened by selfie sticks so please do not put these into animal enclosures or past the barriers.
- stick to the pathways at all times when in the zoo.
- not enter areas of water in the zoo.
- know lockers are available. A charge applies for using the lockers. Belongings cannot be stored overnight in the lockers.
Our outdoor trek is predominantly outdoors, and social distancing is advised at all times. The zoo would strongly recommend visitors to bring a face covering and wear during their visit in indoor areas such as animal houses, toilets, and Visitor Centre.
Please be aware that vehicles operate on site.
Terms and conditions of entry
The following terms and conditions apply to entry to Belfast Zoo:
- dogs (with exception of registered assistance dogs) are not allowed in the zoo. Proof of current inoculations and registration for an assistance dog is required. Your dog will not be permitted entry into the zoo without these.
- fires or barbecues are not permitted
- no ball games
- no running
- no scooters, bikes or Heelys.
- no drones are allowed on site
- no alcohol is permitted on site
- no unaccompanied children 16 years of age or under
- we will not give refunds once you have bought a ticket.
- you should keep your ticket for inspection.