We have a zoo code of conduct. This is to protect our animals as well as the safety of our visitors.
If you’re planning a visit to the zoo, you must:
- not feed the animals as they will get sick if they eat too much.
- respect the animals by not banging on the glass of their enclosures.
- be careful when walking around as some of our hills are very steep.
- put all rubbish in bins as it can be dangerous for our animals.
- you can use a selfie stick around the zoo site in visitor areas. However, many of our animals are frightened by selfie sticks so please do not put these into animal enclosures or past the barriers.
- stick to the pathways at all times when in the zoo.
- not enter areas of water in the zoo.
- know that we do not have storage facilities available for bags or personal belongings.
Terms and conditions of entry
The following terms and conditions apply to entry to Belfast Zoo:
- dogs (with exception of registered assistance dogs) are not allowed in the zoo
- fires or barbecues are not permitted
- no ball games
- no running
- no scooters, bikes or Heelys.
- no drones are allowed on site
- no alcohol is permitted on site
- no unaccompanied children 16 years of age or under
- we will not give refunds once you have purchased a ticket.
- You should keep your ticket for inspection.